Repeat prescriptions can be obtained in a number of ways. You can:
- Use our online services (go to online services for more information)
- Leave a message on the answer machine available 24 hours per day – 01900 705140
- Speak to a member of the medicines team in the practice between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Phone a member of the medicines team between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 01900 705141
- E-mail your prescription request to [email protected] (Please be aware that this is not a secure service and that others may be able to see your personal information)
Please allow 2 working days for your repeat prescription to be made out, checked and signed by the duty doctor.
The practice dispenses medicines to patients living in some designated areas where there is no Pharmacy. Staff will inform you if you are eligible for this service.
The Medicine service offers:
- Collection of your prescription or medication from the Medicine Service Reception (in Waiting Room 2) – open from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- A dedicated area for you to collect your prescription or medication, separate to patients wishing to make appointments
- Staff will be available during the Medicine Service opening times to answer queries, in the practice, in person, regarding your prescription or medication
- You can phone the medicine service staff from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday to ask a question regarding your medication on 01900 705141
- You can e-mail a query to the medicines team to [email protected]
(Please be aware that this is not a secure service and that others may be able to see your personal information)
Prescription Collection Service / Electronic Prescription Service
After ordering your prescription in the surgery you can collect your medication 3 working days later at the chemist of your choice. They will collect the script from the surgery for you or it can be sent electronically to your chosen chemist.
You can order your prescriptions in the same ways as mentioned above.
If you would like to use this service please contact the surgery and let the medicine service know which chemist you would like to pick up your prescription.
Alternatively you may be eligible for repeat dispensing service.
Repeat Dispensing Service
This service allows you to obtain your repeat medication directly from your own chemist without contacting the surgery on every single occasion. Your doctor will issue a batch of Repeat Dispensing prescriptions. This will usually be for six month duration. You will still be required to attend the surgery periodically for a medication review plus any follow up that may be required.
You will need to sign a blue consent form. By signing the consent form you are authorising us to share details of your medication with your chemist in order for the system to work efficiently.
We will send your Repeat Dispensing prescriptions to your nominated chemist who will retain them. This will prevent any inconvenience to you or delay in receiving your medication.
If you are interested in Repeat Dispensing please ask at the Medicine Service Desk. Please note – once the signed consent form is returned to the surgery the required changes will be made automatically and both the master prescription and batch prescriptions will be sent to your nominated chemist. You may collect them as you require each month. At least two days notice would be appreciated by the chemist for your first collection.
If there is any delay in moving you onto the Repeat Dispensing system you will be contacted to discuss this.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Medicine Service here at the surgery. Your community pharmacy can also give you more information if required.